• Intensive, non-intensive, workplace, and free neighborhood outreach ESL classes for adults
• 10 levels of instruction
• Language and life skills instruction that prepares adults to use English in their roles as parents, workers, and community members
• 7,500 annual enrollments at seven locations throughout Arlington.
Who may enroll? Open to anyone 18 and older.
Locations: Arlington, VA
• Volunteers teach adult learners intensive basic computer skills (including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), job search strategies and soft skills for success in entry-level administrative positions.
• Open to all Northern Virginia residents 18 and over
• Interview required as part of admissions process.
Locations: Classes are held in Alexandria, Falls Church, Fairfax, and Herndon. Click here for details.
Program offerings: Non-intensive, volunteer taught ESOL and life skills focus.
Who may enroll? Open to all immigrant 2nd language learners 18 years and older.
Locations: Classes are held at 16 locations in throughout Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, Loudoun and Prince William County.
• Adult ESOL classes
• Intensive and non-intensive classes
• Citizenship classes
• Offered at a low-cost
Who may enroll? Open to all 18 and older.
Locations: Classes are held throughout Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, Loudoun and Prince William counties.
• Adult beginning level literacy and language programs offered at low cost with scholarships available.
• ESOL one-to-one tutoring, ESOL classes, and Family Literacy
• Childcare available for Family Literacy classes
Who may enroll? Open to all beginning level adult learners.
Locations: Headquarters is 2855 Annandale Rd., Falls Church, Virginia 22042. Call for more locations and a schedule of classes, which are held throughout Fairfax County, Arlington, and the City of Alexandria.
• Continuing Education (American Culture and Language Institute): Part-time and intensive community program: instruction begins with practical everyday English at lower levels and then transitions into pre-academic English
• College ESL and Developmental English
• Pre-academic and academic skills – part-time and full-time program, focus on all skills at lower level, on reading and composition skills at higher levels
Who may enroll? This program is open to everyone, including legal permanent residents and undocumented students, au pairs, diplomats, and work visa holders.
Locations: Download this document.